Whatcha looking for?



Thursday, November 4, 2010

Raggedy Ann and Andy... No Longer "Raggedy."


I had a Raggedy Ann and Andy doll set when I was little... did you? As I mentioned before in this post, I had a Raggedy Ann and Andy baby book, and when I was in kindergarten my mom was a room mother... she decided to dress as Raggedy Ann for Halloween (what? It was the early 80's!) and dyed her hair "temporary" red, which did not wash out for weeks. ANYWAY, this dynamic duo was everywhere, it was a dime a dozen, etc. Anymore? They are a novelty. These hand-made dolls from elegantchild.com are recommended to be hand-embroidered... maybe so you can get your $470.00's worth?? Wait... you have to add $20.00 for the embroidering. So dolls that sold for maybe $1.00 at flea markets in 1984 are now almost $500.00. I am kicking myself... are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment