Whatcha looking for?



Monday, July 25, 2011

Armani Baby Three Piece Set

Does anyone else just loathe Mondays? I feel like I am having a midlife crisis, at the ripe old age of 28. I went to school for art. I love art, everything about it. My parents were pretty unhappy with my choice to major in art and history of art in college, but it is what made me happy, and I was the one paying the loans, so I did it. 

After college I did not want a 9-5 job, so I became a bartender. I was making great money and it was a fun job. That also did not make my parents happy. I started managing a restaurant two years ago, a restaurant that was doomed from the start. In order to get out of it, I took a desk job that a friend of mine who was moving had up for grabs. My parents were finally happy because in their mind, you have to have a 9-5 desk job that you hate in order to be normal and to be accepted as an adult.

Now I am unhappy. Miserable is probably more like it. My parents and friends always say, "That is how it's supposed to be when you become an adult." But what if I don't want to accept that? The people that believe that are the people who have jobs that they hate for 40 years then retire and wonder where their time went. What if I want to go down a different road and do something that other people may not see as legit but that I am happy doing? What if, as a college-educated woman, I want to make art and tend bar and let that be my life??

Sorry, this whole thing has been on my mind a lot lately. I apologize to everyone who has had to read through my emotional word-vomit in order to get to the relevant subject of the above-pictured Armani three piece gift set. Coming in its own little box, this set comes with overalls and a white long-sleeved top, along with a cardigan for those chilly days (remember what those were like?). All three pieces brandish the Armani logo, which warrant the giant $212.00 price tag. People with mediocre desk jobs like me will never be able to purchase something like this... Maybe it's time to make the change. I want to be able to dabble into luxuries! Okay, I am done ranting. You can find this set at the always-fabulous Children Salon.

No comments:

Post a Comment